Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative

June 9th, 2006 by Rose DesRochers · 7 Comments

Look Mom! No Salt

In an effort for my daughter to control my high blood pressure, she has hid my trusty salt shaker. She is now threatening to hide the salt box too. Oh No! Whatever will I Mrs. Dash to the rescue.do without my salt? It’s, “Mrs. Dash to the rescue.”

I can’t help it. I crave salt!

– Rose DesRochers

del.icio.us:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative  digg:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative  wists:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative  simpy:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative  blinklist:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative  reddit:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative  fark:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative  blogmarks:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative  Y!:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative  magnolia:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative  stumbleupon:Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative

It will look like this: Cutting Out The Salt: Mrs. Dash a salt-free alternative

• aLs
    Wrote: Jun 9, 2006 at 8:23 pm

Salt will be my death. I eat tons of it.

• Steve
    Wrote: Jun 9, 2006 at 11:12 pm

Mrs. Dash will be a good alternative.

• John
    Wrote: Jun 10, 2006 at 6:17 pm

Listen to your daughter!!! After all she is only following in her mother’s footsteps and caring for her family.

Take care…. take real good care.

John (:-j

• Rose
    Wrote: Jun 10, 2006 at 6:50 pm

She’s a good kid. Now where is that damn salt. LOL Thank ya John.

• nepspeed82
    Wrote: Jun 12, 2006 at 2:41 pm

How about changing to sugar? You get diabetes this time. LOL I think Mr. Dash also has a salt content. How about trying to lessen your salt intake a pinch at a time. Maybe it would help.

• Rose
    Wrote: Jun 12, 2006 at 2:48 pm

Diabetes is a silent killer, which took my Mother’s life. No it’s quite ok. Hmm, as far as I know Mrs. Dashes has no salt- dieticians give it to heart patients in hospital as an alternative to salt.

• Lord Matt
    Wrote: Jun 13, 2006 at 1:41 am

If your salt intake is high and the risk is not yet threatening then steady and measured reduction is the best path.

The reason fo this is your body adjusts to whatever you give it to maintain ballence. Sudden removal can cause mild (or worse) shock.

Heavy coffee drinkers who suddenly give up all caffeen and can suffer vomitting, headaches and shakes for up to a month and a half.

This is the same effect as “going cold turkey” from drugs.

Many things we eat are addictive with processed sugar being the strongest addictive on the shelves today.