This is my first time taking part in Thursday Thirteen. Every Thursday look for a list of thirteen things. This week I’ll be sharing 13 things my Mother taught me.
1. My mother taught me about time – I learned that time can be your friend or it can be your enemy.
2. My mother taught me about death- I learned that death was passing from one room into the next.
3. My mother taught me about joy. She showed me that even in the midst of sorrow there can be joy.
4. My mother taught me acceptance – That I must accept the things that I cannot change.
5. My mother taught me how to fight. Life is a battle and sometimes you have to fight.
6. My mother taught me about survival. She showed me how to survive during the storm.
7. Rainbows- My mother taught me about rainbows. She showed me after each storm there was a rainbow.
8. Prayer- My mother taught me how to pray.
9. Life- My mother showed me how important life was and not to take those you love for granite.
10. Fear- My mother taught me about fear, that one day I would fear losing her.
11. Receiving- My mother taught me how to receive God into my heart.
12. Giving- My mother taught me about giving. It is because of her I signed my organ donor card.
13. Circle of Life- My mother taught me about the circle of life. My mother gave me life, the greatest gift of all and I gave life to my children and someday they will give life and the circle repeats itself.
View other Thursday Thirteen Participants.If you liked this post, why not buy me a coffee?
Technorati Tags: Thursday Thirteen