Last week I brought you 13 internet child safety statistics. This week I bring you 13 sickening internet pornography statistics involving children.
Statistics on child pornography are alarming.
- Daily Gnutella “child pornography” requests 116,000.
- The U.S. Customs Service estimates that there are more than 100,000 web sites offering child pornography – which is illegal worldwide. – (Red Herring Magazine, 1/18/02)
- 70% of convicted sex offenders use the internet.
- 76% of victims in net-initiated sexual exploitation cases were 13-15, 75% were girls. “Most cases progressed to sexual encounters” – 93% of the face-to-face meetings involved illegal sex (Journal of Adolescent Health, November 2004).
- Child pornography has become a $3 billion annual industry (Ropelato, Jerry. Top Ten Reviews. Top Ten Reviews, Inc. 5 Dec. 2005)
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children revealed, in a June 2005 study, that 40% of arrested child pornography possessors had both sexually victimized children and were in possession of child pornography (also known as “dual offenders”).
- Demand for pornographic images of babies and toddlers on the Internet is soaring (Prof. Max Taylor, Combating Paedophile Information Networks in Europe, March 2003).
- More than 20,000 images of child pornography are posted on the Internet every week (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, 10/8/03).
- 140,000 child pornography images were posted to the Internet according to researchers who monitored the Internet over six weeks. Twenty children were estimated to have been abused for the first time and more than 1,000 images of each child created (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, 10/8/03).
- The typical age of children found on pornography sites is between 6 and 12, but the profile is getting younger (Prof. Max Taylor, Combating Pedophile Information Networks in Europe, March 2003).
- Police estimate that over 500,000 distinct images of children being abused can be found on-line. (Kinsa.net)
- These images represent 20,000 different child victims. (Kinsa.net)
- Police have only identified 500 and rescued even fewer. (Kinsa.net)
It’s not enough to just read these statistics ; you have to watch the Ctva.ca four part episode titled “Save the Children.” A child’s innocence can never be replaced.If you liked this post, why not buy me a coffee?