BananaBunker- Banana Condom

March 7th, 2008 by Rose DesRochers · 13 Comments

It’s time to pamper your banana. No not that banana. Get your mind out of the gutter. Though the BananaBunker does resemble a condom- a hard plastic condom that is. Cultured Containers has developed the BananaBunker® to protect your banana from bruising when placed in your lunch bag.

The BananaBunker fits small and large size bananas.

BananaBunker

The banana condom BananaBunker comes in multiple colors: clear, blue, green, and orange. Give your banana the best protection. Please note this is not an effective condom. Only to be used on fruit.

BananaBunker- Banana Condom

The BananaBunker can be purchased from bananabunker.com.

Thank you to Paul Stremple of Cultured Containers for use of the photos. Stremple is the creator of the “BananaBunker.”

Pamper your banana.

Tags: Strange Products
del.icio.us:BananaBunker- Banana Condom  digg:BananaBunker- Banana Condom  wists:BananaBunker- Banana Condom  simpy:BananaBunker- Banana Condom  blinklist:BananaBunker- Banana Condom  reddit:BananaBunker- Banana Condom  fark:BananaBunker- Banana Condom  blogmarks:BananaBunker- Banana Condom  Y!:BananaBunker- Banana Condom  magnolia:BananaBunker- Banana Condom  stumbleupon:BananaBunker- Banana Condom

It will look like this: BananaBunker- Banana Condom

• robertmcbean
    Wrote: Mar 7, 2008 at 5:18 pm

I think you’ve gone too far this time.

Anyway, can we work out some kind of deal? I think these would make a good promotional gift for the people I sign up to my new prestigious directory.

• Sy
    Wrote: Mar 7, 2008 at 5:21 pm

I wonder what the inventor was doing when he realised how he could “protect his banana”. Was he having an argument with his wife, or enjoying “happy time” with her? Or maybe he was putting a balaclava on?

Which ever way it was…he is still a very strange individual.

Wrote: Mar 7, 2008 at 5:22 pm

I’ll say it again: and you thought a blog I wrote about recently was weird, but NEVER have I written about banana rubbers. Not that I WOULDN’T, just haven’t.
    🙂

Wrote: Mar 7, 2008 at 5:55 pm

Robert you can purchase five for $19.95. I can ask Paul if he can work you out some kind of deal. How many are we talking here?

Sy maybe I can get an interview with Paul and I will ask him where the idea came from.

Roger, I thought you knew by now. I’m strange. lol

• Sy
    Wrote: Mar 7, 2008 at 10:17 pm

I think you should ask him and find out!

I am hoping it is going to be a really amusing story, but I feel like it is going to be a “I got to work and sat on my banana and squished it” kind of answer.

Wrote: Mar 7, 2008 at 10:54 pm

I sent him an email. I’ll let you know what he says.

• Hazel
    Wrote: Mar 8, 2008 at 11:46 am

I once took a class with another designer actually he was an inventor and he had this exact idea that he was working out. His reasons? He was a stay at home dad and found the bananas he packed for his kids would become brown and mushy by lunch time so… voila!

Now I have no idea how far the guy got with his design, but seeing this? brings a smile to my face as I remember how much this guy cared for his kids.

• natespost
    Wrote: Mar 8, 2008 at 1:56 pm

That’s a awfully large container…

Wrote: Mar 8, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Nate. It’s a large Banana.

• Digital Frenzy
    Wrote: Mar 8, 2008 at 5:45 pm

That does look like a condom odley enough

Wrote: Mar 8, 2008 at 6:00 pm

Well JD, next year you will be putting a condom on a banana in sex ed class. lol

• Steve Reichard
    Wrote: Mar 12, 2008 at 12:10 am

I see got to protect your banana at all times..lol

• Noddegamra
    Wrote: Mar 13, 2008 at 6:11 am

What a stupid idea, bananas are of different shapes and sizes! 😯