July is National Ice Cream Month, but today is “National Chocolate Ice Cream Day.” Since when do you need a special day to eat chocolate ice cream. There doesn’t seem to be any official origin of the day. I wonder who declared today, National Chocolate Ice Cream Day.
Five Fun Ice Cream Facts
- Did you know that it takes 50 licks to finish a single scoop cone.
- More ice cream is sold on Sunday than any other day of the week.
- It takes 12 pounds of milk to make one gallon of ice cream.
- One half of the volume of frozen ice cream is air.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest ice cream sundae weighed 55,000 pounds. I sure couldn’t eat all that ice cream.
In 2007, the total Canadian sales of ice cream was $2.1 billion. Wow!
Celebrate today by having chocolate ice cream. Maybe you could all post a photo on your blog of your favorite chocolate ice cream treat or of you eating chocolate ice cream.
Whats your favorite ice cream flavor? Have you ever made homemade ice cream?If you liked this post, why not buy me a coffee?