Blog absence and Spammers love me

July 21st, 2008 by Rose DesRochers · 10 Comments

I know I have been absent from my blog. It has been a crazy couple of days. Truth be told, I haven’t even had time to check my email until tonight. I received a lot of email in my absence. I watched the little outlook bar as it read downloading 1 of 791 emails. Spammers love me!

I thought to myself, I’m going to be here a while. Hubby dearest checked my spam folder on the server and I had 58000 spam emails sitting there. (Thankfully- he deleted those.)

I don’t want to purchase a fake watch. I do not have a penis that needs enlarging. I do not wish to purchase medication online. I don’t care if you are bored tonight. I don’t want to see your picture.

Someone sent me a strange email relating to my post ‘Pink Cigarettes‘ on mspink.net. They want to purchase 100pk or 200pk of Pink Elephants cigarettes from me. I don’t smoke and I don’t cell cigarettes.

I just wanted to let you all know that my blog entries may be few and far between this week, however I will get around to visiting you all when time allows. I have some things in my life that need my attention.

I get to go for a pelvic ultrasound and some blood work on Friday. I am not at all looking forward to it. Fun, fun!

Well- gotta run!

I’ll catch up with everyone soon.

Are you still here lurking?

del.icio.us:Blog absence and Spammers love me  digg:Blog absence and Spammers love me  wists:Blog absence and Spammers love me  simpy:Blog absence and Spammers love me  blinklist:Blog absence and Spammers love me  reddit:Blog absence and Spammers love me  fark:Blog absence and Spammers love me  blogmarks:Blog absence and Spammers love me  Y!:Blog absence and Spammers love me  magnolia:Blog absence and Spammers love me  stumbleupon:Blog absence and Spammers love me

It will look like this: Blog absence and Spammers love me

• DrowseyMonkey
    Wrote: Jul 21, 2008 at 10:47 pm

791 emails! good lord! That’s why I love yahoo…it filters everything and I never see a spammy email

• boomergrl49
    Wrote: Jul 21, 2008 at 11:52 pm

That’s a LOT of spam, Rose. Taking care of yourself is #1.

We will be here when you get caught up.

• Ken Allan
    Wrote: Jul 22, 2008 at 3:57 am

Kia ora Rose!

By the e-community definition of the word, I can’t possibly be here lurking!

Good grief!

Ka kite

• Blue
    Wrote: Jul 22, 2008 at 8:12 am

I’m soooo very glad for the reduction in spam since I’ve had Gmail. Even with the 4 accounts I have (linked together) I get a small fraction of the amount I used to get.

• Tammy
    Wrote: Jul 22, 2008 at 8:46 am

Gmail filters most of my spam, so I get very few in my inbox.

• GaryJay
    Wrote: Jul 22, 2008 at 11:21 am

Aol does a good job of filtering out spam, hmm wonder maybe its the “hey like what ya see, how about buying me a cup of coffee” approach is attracting the wrong crowd?? (Just kidding) Sorry you are having to go through medical tests and exams, they are never any fun. Welcome back ( I guess I can say that, even if your not all the way back—yet)

• BakerWatson
    Wrote: Jul 22, 2008 at 2:59 pm

We miss ya!

Hope everything is going OK and you can come back soon. Best of luck and we are pulling for you.

Baker

• Erin
    Wrote: Jul 22, 2008 at 6:56 pm

hotmail is pretty good about having pretty tight spam filters. My hubby uses Yahoo too, and he really likes it. I used to be on AOL years and years ago, but the spam I got!

Hope all goes well for you Rose. Pelvic ultrasounds and blood work aren’t too bad as long as you have some kind of distraction and/or a sympathetic doctor. They still stink though. 😮

• dana
    Wrote: Jul 23, 2008 at 8:51 pm

I”ve been writing lately about my 300 per day spam and how I need my penis enlarged for “her” pleasure. Hey, I AM the HER!!! (but no one believes me) Maybe now they will. Hope your ultrasound goes well and that you’re not nervous. I’ve had several. You’ll be out of there and buying chocolate before you know it!

Wrote: Jul 24, 2008 at 9:48 am

I have a blog on the local newspaper and from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. today, I got 57 pieces of spam, mostly dealing with online poker, but fortunately caught by the spam catcher. My spam catcher on my gmail catches all the penis enlargement ads.
    Be well.