From the Shadows- She Appears

September 27th, 2008 by Rose DesRochers · 10 Comments

In case anyone’s wondering, I’m still alive. I’m busy as heck, but still alive.

A long needed update. So whats new with me?

My baby “Today’s Woman Writing Community” turned six last week. ( Still accepting “Happy belated birthday greetings.”)

I’m dealing with a rebellious 18 year old daughter.

My Mother-in-law, who I had not spoken to in five years, until last week was in hospital. She’s home now.

I’m almost finished my first school assignment. I just have the final exam left. I started my second course, on Wednesday, but found it too boring. So, I dropped out of Workplace English and I’m taking College English. I really think I’m going to like the course. I’m even contiplating going  to college.

Have I told you, we are about to have a new adition to the family? She should be born any day now. She won’t be ready to come home until November. I can’t wait to bring home my shizu puppy.

I also have been busy making new friends and hanging out with old friends.

Other than that, I still have health issues, but I’m taking each day as they come. I won’t lie! Life has certainly been stressful, but I’m getting through.

It’s time for a laugh. Make me laugh- somone- anyone!

Tags: Daily Life
del.icio.us:From the Shadows- She Appears  digg:From the Shadows- She Appears  wists:From the Shadows- She Appears  simpy:From the Shadows- She Appears  blinklist:From the Shadows- She Appears  reddit:From the Shadows- She Appears  fark:From the Shadows- She Appears  blogmarks:From the Shadows- She Appears  Y!:From the Shadows- She Appears  magnolia:From the Shadows- She Appears  stumbleupon:From the Shadows- She Appears

It will look like this: From the Shadows- She Appears

• Beth
    Wrote: Sep 27, 2008 at 3:48 pm

Real life has been known to derail even the most dedicated blogger.

As for having a rebellious teenage daughter: Odds are she will be a mother someday, and you can sit back and watch HER struggle with a rebellious teenager.

Bill Cosby used to say that mothers put a curse on their children: May you grow up to have children just like you.

In Bill Cosby’s words, “the mother’s curse works.”

Hang in there, Rose, it will get better.

I promise.

• Seamus
    Wrote: Sep 27, 2008 at 4:24 pm

Puppies are much better than 18 year old rebellious kids! 😉

• Mike Goad
    Wrote: Sep 27, 2008 at 8:44 pm

Hi Rose,

Sorry to hear the health issues are still a problem and that your daughter is being…, and 18 year old daughter.

We had two daughters. One was rebellious; the other wasn’t. The rebellious one finished high school a year early and just had to go to University 100 miles from here. We said, “fine…, but you have to live with your older sister.” (Older sister was bookish shy, without a rebellious bone in her body) So they both went of to college…, and neither finished. Rebellious daughter is now a very strict Karate Mom of two — a boy and a girl — trying to make ends meet with her husband in their dream home in the burbs of Wisconsin. Older sister is now the unmarried semi-rebel bread-winner with a Suzie-homemaker boyfriend.

Strange the way things turn out.

• DrowseyMonkey
    Wrote: Sep 27, 2008 at 9:49 pm

Make you laugh, that’s a lot of pressure! 😉 But I am chaperoning a traveling bra the moment, that’s kinda funny.

Sounds like you have your hands full!

• Baker Watson
    Wrote: Sep 28, 2008 at 12:16 pm

It’s good to see you post, Rose. We’ve been concerned. I hope things work out well for you.

I think it is great that you are continuing your education. Keep at it.

• Floyd
    Wrote: Sep 30, 2008 at 12:43 am

A shizu puppy? I thought you were talking about a baby there for a moment, I hope you are doing better Rose, making friends and hanging out with friends will help you some. The new addition to the family will keep you on your toes that’s for sure.

• Trishk
    Wrote: Oct 1, 2008 at 9:02 am

As the owner of two shih tzu’s I can tell you they make excellent kitchen floor mops. You simply give them a toy to play with, grab one end, and twirl them across the floor. They don’t let go and you get a nice clean floor.

Of course, you need to immediately brush out your shih tzu mop or they will deposit the dust back on the floor.

Disclaimer: Not recommended with puppies under 1 year old.

***grin***

• Tammy
    Wrote: Oct 1, 2008 at 11:54 am

Thanks for the update, Rose. I’m glad to hear that school is going well. I wish I had something to say that would make you laugh, but, alas, I don’t.

• Erin
    Wrote: Oct 4, 2008 at 4:32 pm

I am so not looking forward to my daughters turning 18. Maybe by then there will be some kind of vaccine to keep teenagers from acting like teenagers! One can hope…

Puppies are great fun. We got a Golden Retriever puppy before we adopted our daughters, and she is now a rather spoiled member of our family. The girls have been begging for a puppy, but they are just too young for one. At least the one they want! First they wanted a Chihuahua puppy, then they changed their minds and wanted a Great Dane puppy! Do you have any names picked out for your new addition?

• Viola Jaynes
    Wrote: Oct 6, 2008 at 6:11 am

Hang in there! This too shall pass!!!!