Princeton Premier- Still Spamming

December 15th, 2008 by Rose DesRochers · 37 Comments

It’s almost been a year sense I first wrote about Princeton Premier. Back in January I received an email from Princeton Premier inviting me to become part of their registry. The post that can be found at Princeton Premier- I Smell Spam is now up to 101 comments all from people who received the same email from Princeton Premier. I can’t believe that email has been circulating for a year.

“It is my great pleasure to inform you that you have been chosen as a candidate for inclusion into the 2007-2008 Honors Edition of the Princeton Premier Business Leaders and Professionals publication. This is a significant honor, an achievement that is afforded to very few individuals in the course of a lifetime.”

Appears to me that it has been offered to a great deal of people. Well it’s almost 2009, and Princeton Premier is offering people inclusion into the 2009-2010 Princeton Premier Business Leaders and Professionals Honors Edition section of the registry.

It is my pleasure to inform you that you are being considered for inclusion into the 2009-2010 Princeton Premier Business Leaders and Professionals Honors Edition section of the registry.

The 2009-2010 edition of the registry will include biographies of the world’s most accomplished individuals. Recognition of this kind is an honor shared by thousands of executives and professionals throughout the world each year. Inclusion is considered by many as the single highest mark of achievement.

Have you received your 2009-2010 letter yet? If so, please feel free to comment below.

del.icio.us:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming  digg:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming  wists:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming  simpy:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming  blinklist:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming  reddit:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming  fark:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming  blogmarks:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming  Y!:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming  magnolia:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming  stumbleupon:Princeton Premier- Still Spamming

It will look like this: Princeton Premier- Still Spamming

Wrote: Dec 16, 2008 at 2:00 am

Old spasmbots never die. they don’t even fade away.

• Morris
    Wrote: Dec 16, 2008 at 5:29 pm

I’ve been getting these for about 2 years now. Whilst I have left full time employment with the company where I 1st started receiving them, I still do some consultancy things, so I still have my e-mail address active.
    These guys took to ringing the office up to 6 times a day and were most abusive to staff who would not put their calls through to me.
    Now here’s the clanger……….these guys were calling from New York……..my office is in Wetherill Park. Where’s that I hear you ask? SYDNEY AUSTRALIA! In all they made about 60 calls before I finally took one of their calls and told them to bugger off. They want money to list you in this “quality” publication that goes into the Library of Congress (is there such a place?) and a substantial sum too.
    Just bin this trash……..oh and don’t take their calls – it must cost them a bomb.

• Andrew
    Wrote: Dec 17, 2008 at 8:16 am

Just received the e-mail this morning. It’s still going.

• John
    Wrote: Dec 18, 2008 at 9:56 am

Just got notice of the “honor” on 12/16/08…

• Julie Blaha
    Wrote: Dec 18, 2008 at 8:16 pm

I too am one of the elite! So excited to see I am in such good company.

• Carl S
    Wrote: Dec 19, 2008 at 2:37 pm

I just received the 2009-2010 solicitation. I agree, I smell Spam, so I deleted it. I look at it as a way to market something or gather personal info to create more spam.

Thanks for your article

• Kirsti Scott
    Wrote: Dec 22, 2008 at 9:42 pm

I was so honored, as well! 😉

• John
    Wrote: Dec 25, 2008 at 3:19 am

I suggest you report the spam to the authorities if you want them to stop.

• John Kohls
    Wrote: Dec 30, 2008 at 7:29 pm

Rose, Didn’t get my name right, but at least Harris has been demoted from earlier in the year. The new promotions are going out under Frank Thomas, managing director, using an underlings’ email address.

Thanks John for letting me know.

• George K
    Wrote: Jan 6, 2009 at 3:07 pm

Warning

Princeton Premier Registry is a major Internet scammer. They robbed me of $856.

Be careful, don’t fall.

Sorry to hear that George. They are a vanity company with unethical practices.

• PamLilly
    Wrote: Jan 7, 2009 at 2:01 pm

You know Rose maybe the joke is on you??

You can opt out from getting EMails for Princeton Premier and getting removed from their lists. The other thing is that maybe another member actually thinks that you would be interested:

“Princetonpremier.com members can invite friends to join the service by sending invitation emails via our automated invitation system. Princetonpremier.com stores the email addresses that members provide so that the respondents may be added to the friend’s list of the member sending the invitations, and also to send reminders of the invitations Princetonpremier.com does not sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations, invitation reminders. Recipients of invitations from Princetonpremier.com may contact Princeton Premier to request the removal of their information from our database. Princetonpremier.com members may also store email addresses of people they know in their internal Princetonpremier.com address book and may also choose to send invitations and other communications to those addresses.

You may prevent Princetonpremier.com email invitations and other messages from being sent to any email address you control by sending a single email with the request to: info@Princetonpremier.com

That information is directly from the site. I don’t know why this is so much more offensive than Linked in for example. I mean, you get a freind to join linked in and then you upload your address book and invite more freinds to join you, and that’s free.. but if you want real contact information from someone you don’t know.. then you have to pay for it. Same deal.. just without he pretty hardcover book.

Pam, the joke is certainly not on me nor do I think that it is on all those replying to this post and last years post. To invite someone to be a member of Princeton Premier you first have to join ‘Princeton Premier.’ Curious to see what email was sent out when you invited a friend, I joined today under AntiPrinceton and invited myself to join.

This is the email I received:

Princeton Premier

Hi, AntiPrinceton from Princeton Premier has invited you to come and join our site.
    Click on the link below and have a look at our community.

The email that I received in Jan of last year was sent to me unsolicited from “Jason Harris,” supposed – Managing Director of Princeton Premier. It was nothing like the invite that Prinston Premier sends out when you invite a friend.

So……… how do you suspect he got my address Pam? I know! They spammed me.

Of course there is an opt out where you can unsubscribe from receiving email from them, however I anticipate by unsubscribing one will receive even more spam as all it does is confirm you have an active email address.

Now that I’ve joined Princeton Premier as AntiPrinceton, I suspect that it won’t be long before they will be contacting me for money. Should we wait and see?

• Philip Jackson
    Wrote: Jan 15, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Just got my “invitation” for 2009/2010 registry today. No way I’ll sign up. If legit, it should state how they received your info or who nominated you in the e-mail. No thanks…I think it’s a scam.

• Tina
    Wrote: Jan 17, 2009 at 9:28 am

I’m laughing out loud here. I recieved the “coveted” email letter this morning from Mr. Jay Harris. One person brought up a very good point: why does the candidate need to fill out the questionaire? If one is being considered for includsion in this prestigious book registry, shouldn’t the organization know all of your “accomplishments” already? And no details on the qualifications required for inclusion either. What makes me so special? They are hoping my ego is more powerful than my common sense. Too bad Princeton, I may not have attended Princeton, but I did learn a thing or two in college. Thanks but no thanks.

• Sanjiv Purba
    Wrote: Jan 19, 2009 at 5:27 pm

I have received this email as well. Generally, when i receive an email like this, i google it to see what other people are saying. Which brought me to you useful site.

• anon
    Wrote: Jan 22, 2009 at 12:36 am

New domain name is princetonmembers.com but similar email. Jay Harris out of NY is registrant as of Dec 12, 2008. Online form leads to a formdesk.com page and the link that takes you there is princetonmembers.com/c/c/2/34/32315

First the link lead to a form here fd8.formdesk.com/pgn/form2
    It now leads to a new and improved form at fd8.formdesk.com/pgn/New

Buyer beware. At it again….

• Neville Prosser
    Wrote: Feb 17, 2009 at 12:08 am

Hi Rose I got one this afternoon, I thought to myself I must be famous to get an email from New York (I’m in Australia), then I looked in the mirror.

• Tina
    Wrote: Feb 17, 2009 at 5:40 am

Hi Rose, thanks to you and everyone for your comments on Princeton Premiere. As I already know that I am special I don’t need a register from another country promoting my specialness. My status of ‘wonderful person’ is known to a select few however it does give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to know that I have been recognised for my greatness……….I could go on but my sarcasm is on low today.

I can see how many people may fall for this ‘offer’ as it strokes the ego quite nicely and all ‘free of charge’…..

• Alan Nielsen
    Wrote: Feb 17, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Just got the email this morning. I feel special now.

• William
    Wrote: Feb 27, 2009 at 9:19 pm

I received their solicitation today and am familiar with fraud crap like this. I googled and found this information at this site. Thank you.

• Shannon McKelden
    Wrote: Feb 28, 2009 at 4:30 pm

I received my first today! What an honor. Not. Glad I googled first before clicking. Thanks for the info…I feel less special now, but not so alone. LOL

• monique
    Wrote: Mar 1, 2009 at 3:57 am

Hi Yes Jason and his spamming mates are still at it…I got invited to join today too. Googled and found your Blog which was much more interesting. Seems maybe they are targeting Aussies right now, maybe they think we desperate for some US Ivy League College to accept us into their elite club. Sorry rather my mates and family make me feel special.

• brnrd
    Wrote: Mar 3, 2009 at 1:00 am

I just got it… and went WHAT?!?!?!?!

Okay so I have a very great career but that is taking it a bit too far.

I Googled it and only got SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM alerts!!!!

So as a “Princeton Premier Business Leader”… IT’s Real All BUL!!

• Julie Duncan
    Wrote: Mar 3, 2009 at 10:49 pm

I operate a dive centre on the south coast of NSW in Australia I have been getting these emails for months. This week the addressee is still via our @leisurecoastdive address but the have ripped off ALL the names off our meet the crew page and added their names as a precursor.
    Does the opt out on this crap work or does that just validate the fact that I have received the email from them

• JJ
    Wrote: Mar 4, 2009 at 8:40 am

I just received my first invitation this morning. Thought something was suspicious, and googled to find more info. Thanks for busting this spam.

• Frank
    Wrote: Mar 4, 2009 at 6:18 pm

I was begining to think I wasn’t special after the 2008-09 invitation but when the e-mail hit wanting to include me in the 2009-10 edition I felt happy again! Good to know we’re remembered by our beloved spammy’s.

Aww, see you are special Frank. 🙂 If it were not for spam we would receive no email at all.

• Kevin Allen
    Wrote: Mar 5, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Woooo Hooooo
    I’m now 1 of Youuuuu!

Please be careful… Your $ is too valuable to throw away these days!!

• Judi
    Wrote: Mar 6, 2009 at 8:01 am

I got my invite yesterday. I did receive a real honor recently and given my economy jitters I’m afraid I filled it out before Googling… not as smart as you guys…

• Greg
    Wrote: Mar 20, 2009 at 12:02 pm

If you really want to see something funny, paste the address of Princeton Premier (23-35A Steinway St – Astoria, NY 11105) into google and then go to Street View.

The address is a real estate agency under the train tracks just up the street from the billiards parlor. There doesn’t seem to be any sign for Princeton Premier.

Oh well. I guess I’m not really one of the “world’s most accomplished individuals”. ;-p

Cheers,

Greg

• Fernan Cepero
    Wrote: Apr 11, 2009 at 5:08 pm

I received two invitiations this year! I must be extra special 🙂 Nevertheless I’m not taking the bait. I can still frame the emails they sent me.

• Phyllis Johnson
    Wrote: May 5, 2009 at 7:56 am

Well, I am glad I like to google and found your site. I got an email this morning inviting me to sign up, well I did not even open the link, becasue like you, I smelled a spam.

• Sally Allen
    Wrote: Jun 3, 2009 at 2:53 am

Glad I found your blog. Looks like they’re targetting charities/non-profits too now, as we recieved an email for the 2009/10 edition yesterday. Must take them a long time to print it as the invite emails for this edition have been circulating for 6 months now!

• Claudio Balford
    Wrote: Jun 16, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Here’s the Princeton Premier owners on facebook…

Real business men huh?

• Ken
    Wrote: Jul 13, 2009 at 10:42 am

I thought i was the only special one that they were including for the last couple of years. I dont feel so special now. As like most I usually just delete, this time I tried to actually find out some information.