A few days ago on Twitter I was taking part in #iremember. I remember is basically things you remember. For me “I remember” allowed me to reflect on trends, fads and a decade that has past me by. I thought it would be fun to compile a list of things that I remember.
1. I remember watching Harper Valley PTA on TV.Harper Valley PTA was a 1980s television sitcom based on the country music song.
2. I remember when my father purchased our first color TV.
3. I remember wearing knee high socks and leg warmers over my jeans.
4. I remember roller skating rinks and roller skating in the church parking lot.
5. I remember Atari, and hanging out at video arcades. I wasted a lot of money playing Pac Man.
6. I remember those old Polaroid cameras.
7. I remember 8-track tapes and vinyl records.
8. I remember the Christmas my parents bought me a Ghetto Blaster. Do you remember those large Ghetto Blasters?
9. I remember watching Shirley Temple movies with my Mother. Little Princess was my favorite.
10. I remember my favorite doll. My parents purchased her for me at a Flea Market.
11. I remember Flea Markets. Not many of them around this area anymore.
12. I remember playing for hours with Tree Tots Treehouse.
13. I remember Popeye Candy cigarettes and spending my allowance on candy.
14. I remember when I thought Shawn Cassidy was cute.
15. I remember when I first saw E.T in the movie theater.
16. I remember when I use to watch Donnie & Marie on TV and owned a Donnie and Marie Osmand Doll.
17. I remember the sea monkeys and owning a pet rock.
18. I remember when A&W was a drive-in restaurant.
19. I remember drive-in theaters. There are not many of them left either.
20. I remember when I first saw the Blue Lagoon. It was on an a Beta VCR machine.
I have a lot of great memories of my childhood and my teens.
What do you remember from decades past?If you liked this post, why not buy me a coffee?