Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles

October 24th, 2009 by Rose DesRochers · 12 Comments

Advice: Before you use any PLR Article, run them through copyscape.com or perform a Google search to see if they are plagiarized.

Recently I found out that three articles, which I had written were submitted to various online article directories under the name William B. Doyle. I was shocked when I found out that Doyle had submitted these articles under his name.

William B. Doyle had submitted “2626” articles to amazines.com, most of them not written by him. He is now claiming that he purchased these articles as PLR articles (Private label right articles.)

According to his amazines.com page he claims that the articles, including mine were presented to him as Private Label Rights (PLR) articles to be used however he saw fit. (Neither of the three articles that I wrote were PLR articles. They were reprint articles that I had previously submitted to article directories. I didn’t give away rights to these articles.)

William states that he hired someone from elance.com to submit the articles to article directories on his behalf.

It was the responsibility of William to check for plagiarism before he hired someone to submit the articles to article directories. This was highly unethical of him. He infringed on my copyright.

I emailed William twice to inform him of such infringement. He hasn’t bother to reply to either of my emails.

It upsets me greatly that the individual who sold my articles as PLR articles made money from my writing. It upsets me that William made money from my writing.

I’m still waiting for Doyle to inform me of where he purchased the articles.

I recommend that authors do a Google search on their article titles to see if any have been plagiarized.

Tags: Writing
del.icio.us:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles  digg:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles  wists:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles  simpy:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles  blinklist:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles  reddit:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles  fark:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles  blogmarks:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles  Y!:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles  magnolia:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles  stumbleupon:Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles

It will look like this: Plagiarism of articles- Sold as PRL articles

• Carl
    Wrote: Oct 24, 2009 at 6:38 pm

I’m sorry that happened to you. I hope you get justice 🙂

• Beth
    Wrote: Oct 24, 2009 at 8:05 pm

I’m also sorry this happened to you.

• scheng1
    Wrote: Oct 24, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I understand how you feel about it. I have similar experience. Someone plagiarized my article in AC, and AC accused ME of plagiarizm. Fortunately that stupid blogger plagiarized more than 1,000 articles. A few articles from AC are badly spinned, and updated to various blogs. I dont really bother about the badly spinned articles.

• SnaggleTooth
    Wrote: Oct 25, 2009 at 12:43 am

Unbelievable!
    Can you write a complaint to the publisher’s that paid the guy for them, so they realize what is going on? Maybe they can refuse to buy from him again.

How dare someone amke a writer’s living off other’s work like that- disgusting!

I’d file a lawsuit asap- hope you get through to the publishers who allowed the reprints to be classified so-

• Mike Goad
    Wrote: Oct 25, 2009 at 10:01 am

Plagiarism and copyright infringement is so very widespread online. Too many people just don’t take it seriously and don’t respect intellectual property rights or take them seriously.

• Jannie Funster
    Wrote: Oct 26, 2009 at 11:47 am

That really burns my butt.

Vered posted a good article of what she did when her content was stolen…

You might find it helpful.

Jannie all that is great and helpful if he were scraping my blog posts, but that’s not what happen. Someone took the reprint articles that I submitted to directories like Ezinearticles, Searchwarp etc and included them in a PLR package.

• Ryan Jones
    Wrote: Oct 26, 2009 at 1:05 pm

A useful tool is GOOGLE ALERTS to have Google send you an email everyday of new items that enter their index with a specific string in the text.

Many Authors use this feature to notify them when their articles are picked up (legally and illegally) from article directories and PLR services.

Another thing you might try is to include a unique string or phrase in the text that can be used as a trigger. this can be a unique intentional misspelling or series of unique proper nouns. Something that returns zero results on Google.

Example: “Jane Frank Smithson” (with quotes) returns zero results.

Hope this helps!
    Ryan Jones
    Amazines.com

Thanks for dropping by Ryan and for the suggestions.

• William B. Doyle
    Wrote: Nov 7, 2009 at 9:23 pm

Hi, good factual article. I never received your emails.

PLR Articles source: Adeel Chowdhry @ massarticlecreator.com

No money was made-most resource boxes disappeared upon posting.

Posting stopped when I received the notifications that certain articles were NOT PLR, previously posted and/or copyrighted.

Again, thanks.

Bill

I sent you numerous emails so I’m not sure why you didn’t receive them. Thank you for providing the source.

Bill………….Adeel says “The articles were purchased through an online vendor:
    plrarticleshop.com As long as they inform us otherwise we shall continue to use them Rose.”