41st birthday

May 31st, 2010 by Rose DesRochers · 14 Comments

My birthday was last Friday. (May 28th) Happy Birthday to me. I turned 41. I’m the same age as “Jennifer Aniston.” I just don’t look as good.

We had dinner at the family restaurant that we celebrate every family event at then we dropped by my husband’s uncle’s house for drinks. Then I came home, watched “Dear John” and went to bed.

I wasn’t as excited about my birthday as my daughter was. “laugh”

I don’t know! I think as you get older, birthdays aren’t such a big deal anymore.

Still I do think it is important to acknowledge the day and spend it with family. That’s what I did and I was spoiled.

Do you celebrate your birthday? Do you get excited about the day?

del.icio.us: 41st birthday   digg: 41st birthday   wists: 41st birthday   simpy: 41st birthday   blinklist: 41st birthday   reddit: 41st birthday   fark: 41st birthday   blogmarks: 41st birthday   Y!: 41st birthday   magnolia: 41st birthday   stumbleupon: 41st birthday

It will look like this: 41st birthday

Wrote: Jun 1, 2010 at 4:41 am

Ah, the same birthday as one of my co-workers, an old girlfriend, and the lead singer of Fine Young Cannibals, Roland Gift. Happy birthday; you don’t look a day past 35.
    .-= Roger Green´s last blog..T is for Titans =-.

Thanks! ROFL It’s an old pic. ( I was actually 30 there lol) Though the sales lady did tell me I look 33 the other day.

• Colleen
    Wrote: Jun 1, 2010 at 9:51 am

“I wasn’t as excited about my birthday as my daughter was.”

One of the many perks of having kids. They always think our birthdays are special. Not exactly sure if it’s OUR birthday that is special, or the fun thing they know they will be a part of that is special. Either way, fun stuff!

Happy birthday, btw! 🙂
    .-= Colleen´s last blog..Homes for Sale in Cottonwood Springs Kennewick Washington =-.

Thank you. She turns 20 in July and started talking about her birthday months ago. lol

• Jonathan
    Wrote: Jun 1, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Happy birthday to you as well. 🙂 And thank you.
    .-= Jonathan´s last blog..Happy Birthday to Me! =-.

And thank you. 🙂

• Baileesmom
    Wrote: Jun 1, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I turned 65 on 5/10. It was raining so my daughter couldn’t come because of her illness. I spent the day alone. Poor Me 🙁

Sorry to hear that Gail. 🙁 Happy Belated. 🙂

Wrote: Jun 1, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Thank you Mel.

• Davina
    Wrote: Jun 1, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Happy birthday, Rose.
    I remember turning 40 and that wasn’t too big of a deal. I’m a little anxious about 50 but as for the years in between, I don’t really celebrate anymore aside from treating myself to something; a sleep-in, a nice meal or new blouse. Spending it alone is a drag, so glad to hear you got out and about with your family.
    .-= Davina´s last blog..Guest Post: A Muse for My Dreams =-.

• Sujomi
    Wrote: Jun 2, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Happy belated birthday!

(You share the day with my mom, who would have been 68 this year.)
    .-= Sujomi´s last blog..Wooden Chair (153/365) =-.

• Justin Germino
    Wrote: Jun 3, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Happy belated birthday
    .-= Justin Germino´s last blog..SocialSpark Beginner Tips =-.

Thank you Justin.