The Versatile Blogger Award

August 9th, 2010 by Rose DesRochers · 17 Comments

I’m a Versatile Blogger! At least somebody thinks I am. Roger gave me the Versatile Blogger Award, and the rules of the award say that you’re supposed to tell your readership seven things about yourself.

Here goes:

Seven Things About Me:

I went to a catholic high school for grade 11, but dropped out of high school half way through my grade 11 school year. (Yes, I wore a kilt to school.)

I returned back to school in 2008 at the age of 39. I’m only three credits away from obtaining my Ontario secondary school diploma. I’m 41 now.

I’m not a huge fan of Starbucks coffee. I think their coffee tastes over-roasted. Starbucks on the other hand has one of the best Earl Grey teas I have ever tried. ( I’m a tea drinker.)

I own all 7 seasons of the Gilmore Girls. I’m currently watching season 6 of the Gilmore Girls.

I had big hair in the 80’s. You can see a photo here at Girl Gone Wild.

I have a growing collection of Bearington stuff bears, Boyds bear figurines and have begun collecting faceless Willow figurines. I use to collect clowns, cherub angels and spoons many moons ago.

I can say do you speak German in German. Though I’m sure I don’t pronounce it correctly. (Sprechen Sie Deutsch?)

There you have it. 7 things about me. I don’t know how exciting they are, but that’s what I came up with. Were you counting? There is really more than 7 things there.

Here are the rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the Versatile Blogger Award.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Pass the Versatile Blogger Award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!

4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the Versatile Blogger Award.

The Versatile Blogger Award

A very special to Roger for bestowing me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Here is his post “Jingle Award: The E-Ticket” if you would like to learn about him.

Here are the blogs I have decided to pass on the Versatile Blogger Award to. ( I’m not choosing 15 bloggers. If you have already received this award enjoy being worthy enough to win the Versatile Blogger Award again. If you’ve not received the award, but would like to, please accept it and pass it on. )

The Versatile Blogger Award Recipients

Margaret of Stargazer.
Lisa of peripheral perceptions
Jack of Random Thoughts- Do They Have Meaning?

If you participate, please leave a comment so I can come by and check out your list of 7 things.

Tell me something random about yourself.

Shop Amazon from my interests.

Tags: Blog Awards
del.icio.us:The Versatile Blogger Award  digg:The Versatile Blogger Award  wists:The Versatile Blogger Award  simpy:The Versatile Blogger Award  blinklist:The Versatile Blogger Award  reddit:The Versatile Blogger Award  fark:The Versatile Blogger Award  blogmarks:The Versatile Blogger Award  Y!:The Versatile Blogger Award  magnolia:The Versatile Blogger Award  stumbleupon:The Versatile Blogger Award

It will look like this: The Versatile Blogger Award

• Dan
    Wrote: Aug 10, 2010 at 12:25 am

I won’t hold big hair 80’s against you if I can keep my 60’s/70’s long hair and psychedelic clothes.

You can keep your long hair. 🙂

• Margaret
    Wrote: Aug 10, 2010 at 12:38 am

Thank you, but I’m not very good at these things. I think most of them are in my about me section. 🙂

Then how about you share one thing about yourself with me?

• Captain Dumbass
    Wrote: Aug 10, 2010 at 1:38 am

Good seven. I’m not big on straight Starbucks coffee either, they’re better at the specialty stuff. I used to love Gilmore Girls, the writing was fantastic on that show, though only on the first few seasons. I didn’t like it when they changed writers. And congrats on getting your secondary diploma, good for you!

Thank you Captain and so glad to see you visiting. Drop by anytime.

• Jack
    Wrote: Aug 10, 2010 at 1:38 am

Thank you very much for this. Now I have to set aside some time to prepare a proper post.

You’re welcome Jack. I look forward to reading it.

Wrote: Aug 10, 2010 at 3:19 am

I should mention to your reasers that I found that saying seven things about me was easier in a larger narrative, FWIW.

And in answer to something you wrote at my blog, Rose, boring you’re not!

Thank you Roger. 🙂

• Arts web show
    Wrote: Aug 10, 2010 at 7:33 pm

Congratulations on the award.
    Ja, ja, ich sprechen deutch.
    Actually i only know a few words.
    I did french at school. lol

“Ja,Ich spreche deutsch” Yes,I do speak German.” I took French in school too Arts.

• LisaF
    Wrote: Aug 10, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Congrats on your award and thank you for thinking of me! I appreciate your kindness and will try and think of 7 random things that I haven’t shared before. It may take me a few days or so, but I promise I’ll do it soon. And kudos to you for returning to school and becoming a success in many areas of life!

• Jack
    Wrote: Aug 11, 2010 at 1:24 pm

Ok, I have ‘officially’ completed my post.

• Kathy
    Wrote: Aug 11, 2010 at 5:16 pm

I remember the big hair 80’s. Everyone had big hair. A few of my friends never really got over that phase.

Did you listen to Motley Crue and Poison?

Poison, Twisted Sister, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi

Living in Sin by Bon Jovi was my wedding song.

• Margaret
    Wrote: Aug 15, 2010 at 5:50 pm

One thing about me? I get more and more like my mother as I get older. I don’t put anything on corn on the cob and love it that way, although others find it weird. I chew gum like a cows, so I avoid doing so in public. (except on planes where I have to) I am terrified of heights, yet like flying and roller coasters. I am a dedicated runner and get moody if I can’t be outside.