Things that sound dirty

August 16th, 2010 by Rose DesRochers · 13 Comments

On my post: Effective Online Communication, Carl wondered if there was a tutorial on how to avoid words which can be taken the wrong way.

I was unable to provide Carl with a list of words or phrases to avoid in online communication, but I can provide my readership with a post on phrases which sound sexual, but aren’t.

Sometimes things are not what they seem.

Things said that sound dirty but aren’t:

• Stop playing with the balls. (Said to my son by me at a dollar store.)
  • Remove your top. (Said to me at a Tim Hortons. She was requesting I take the top of my mug.)
  • Hurry up and lick it.ย  (Referring to a melting ice cream cone.)
  • Do you have any nuts? (Asked at the counter of McDonald’s after ordering a Sunday.)
  • You’d make a good call girl.( Said to me by my son. He meant I had a nice telephone voice for telemarketing .)
  • The melons are firm. (Said at the grocery store.)
  • It’s kind of loose. (Referring to a loose screw.)
  • It’s a tight fit. (Said by my husband when trying to put up a flat screen mount.)
  • Hold my bag. (Said to my husband at Walmart while I went into the restroom.)
  • That thing is huge.
  • Give it to me already.
  • Are you coming?
  • Will you just get off.
  • Quit playing with it.
  • I can’t get it up.

Do you have any phrases to add?

If you enjoyed this post why not check out worst domain names. penisland.net?

Tags: Humor
del.icio.us:Things that sound dirty  digg:Things that sound dirty  wists:Things that sound dirty  simpy:Things that sound dirty  blinklist:Things that sound dirty  reddit:Things that sound dirty  fark:Things that sound dirty  blogmarks:Things that sound dirty  Y!:Things that sound dirty  magnolia:Things that sound dirty  stumbleupon:Things that sound dirty

It will look like this: Things that sound dirty

• Carl Coddington
    Wrote: Aug 16, 2010 at 1:09 am

WOW! Thanks for the mention ๐Ÿ™‚

I felt like I had to cover my eyes when reading this post ๐Ÿ™‚

My pleasure Carl. You type well with your eyes closed.

• Kelvin Kao
    Wrote: Aug 16, 2010 at 3:01 am

Oh man, so many “that’s what she said!” moments. Anything about hot dogs (there’s the wiener and there’s the bun).

My son has a “thatโ€™s what she said” t-shirt.

• Jack
    Wrote: Aug 16, 2010 at 11:42 am

“Suck it harder” Said by me to my son as he tried to finish a lollipop so that he could brush his teeth and go to bed.

Jack… lol

• Colleen
    Wrote: Aug 16, 2010 at 11:46 am

Yesterday, our 12 year old daughter had a birthday party. She had 8 of her best friends over and my oldest son was teaching them how to do a tie-dye shirt. After all the shirts were laid out on a tarp to start the tie-dyeing, my son realized the tarp was not big enough and needed to replace the tarp with a larger tarp. You should have seen the looks on the girls faces when he told them to take their shirts off (off the tarp, that is)! ๐Ÿ™‚

That is funny! I bet the look on the girls face was priceless.

• Kevin Douglas
    Wrote: Aug 16, 2010 at 5:47 pm

I’m really finding it hard to stop laughing at these. (I’m immature. I know). The high school kid in me can’t help but snicker because double-entendres are STILL funny. They are the basis of some of the best comedy on small and big screen. Sorry, Rose. Next time I comment, I’ll be much more professional. (snicker) ๐Ÿ™‚

This is a personal blog Kevin. No worries! lol

• Kathy
    Wrote: Aug 16, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Go outside and play with your balls.

The neighbors are at it again.

I am so wet.

I’ve been on my knees all day.

penisland.net – hilarious

The neighbors are at it again. I forgot about that one. lol

We were at relatives for dinner and my husband’s uncle was talking about marinating liver. He said ….Take it out and shake it off and I started laughing. lol Mind was still thinking of this post.

• Karyn Climans
    Wrote: Aug 24, 2010 at 2:59 pm

It’s amazing how innocent words can become “twisted” when communicated.