Making diamonds from cremated remains

September 5th, 2010 by Rose DesRochers · 15 Comments

Turning loved ones into diamonds

Talk about bizarre eco-fashion!

Have you ever considered what you would like your love ones to do with your ashes if you have chosen cremation following your death?

Why settle for a casket or cremation urn when you can have yourself turned into a diamond ring.

How to get cremated remains turned into diamonds

There are several companies that offer diamond jewelry created from pet or human carbonized remains.

laboratory-grown “personal” diamonds.

LifeGem.com not only not only turns ashes into diamonds and hair into diamonds, they also have a full line of cremation jewelry, rings, and pendants

dna2diamonds.com creates certified, custom diamonds from a lock of hair or cremated ashes.

Turning your dearly departed into a diamond doesn’t come cheap. It could cost any where from $2,250 up to $16,990 depending on the caret and color. The bigger the diamond the greater the cost.

For some though, the expense is well worth it.

Did you know that the average person has enough carbon in them to produce between 50 and 100 diamonds.

I wonder what a person’s reaction would be when they say ” I love your ring” and you reply thanks it is my Grandma. Them: Don’t you mean it’s your Grandma’s ring? You: No it’s my Grandma! I had her turned into a diamond.

Losing someone you love is devastating. Whether that loss is a family member, friend or a pet, but would you wear a diamond created from human or pet ashes?

Would you like to became a diamond after you die?

Shop Amazon

Tags: Strange Products
del.icio.us:Making diamonds from cremated remains  digg:Making diamonds from cremated remains  wists:Making diamonds from cremated remains  simpy:Making diamonds from cremated remains  blinklist:Making diamonds from cremated remains  reddit:Making diamonds from cremated remains  fark:Making diamonds from cremated remains  blogmarks:Making diamonds from cremated remains  Y!:Making diamonds from cremated remains  magnolia:Making diamonds from cremated remains  stumbleupon:Making diamonds from cremated remains

It will look like this: Making diamonds from cremated remains

• Margaret
    Wrote: Sep 5, 2010 at 11:57 pm

Nope, I would rather not become a diamond, even though I already am one. 🙂

Well I know you’re not a diamond in the rough, but you do have shining qualities like a diamond.

• Steve Youngs
    Wrote: Sep 6, 2010 at 1:10 am

That is so cool! I’d never spend any money to have anyone turned into a diamond, and would never expect anyone to ever want to do it to me, but it is cool nonetheless.

It’s certainly costly.

Wrote: Sep 6, 2010 at 1:35 am

Actually LOL re: Grandma. Seems kike an awful lot of expense, though. What, exactly, IS the inherent worth of a diamond, save that it is hard and arguably pretty?

One can not put a price tag on the cremated remains of a loved one turned into diamond.

• Rummuser
    Wrote: Sep 6, 2010 at 7:43 am

I would rather be the diamond for my loved ones while I am alive as mine was for me when she was. Her ashes simply flowed down the river that she loved so much and part of it went into the soil of her garden to become part of that piece of earth that truly was created and looked after by her.

That is very nice Rummuser.

• Anne Bender
    Wrote: Sep 6, 2010 at 7:53 am

Uh, I’m not really sure how I feel about that one. I don’t think I would feel comfortable walking around with a dead relative or pet on my finger.

I’d feel uncomfortable too.

• Kathy
    Wrote: Sep 6, 2010 at 9:25 am

I find myself wondering, “How does Rose come up with these topics?”

Who thought of turning a person into a diamond? Maybe that lady who does the vulva jewelry can somehow integrate this idea into her business model. Eeeeeeeeewwwww!

Google is my friend. lol

Nothing wrong with the vulva jewelry.

• Jaime-Ann
    Wrote: Sep 6, 2010 at 10:48 am

In some creepy morbid way – I think I might be open to this idea. But at the same time, if I were to turn aunt Meryl into a diamond then I would be the only one with access to visit her…right?

What if you lost the ring?

• Udegbunam Chukwudi
    Wrote: Sep 15, 2010 at 8:52 am

Quite a powerful of keeping a deceased loved one close to your heart and forever on your mind 😉

I’m open to being a diamond after death. The problem is finding someone who thinks I’m worth that much ;-).