The Artificial Christmas Tree

December 12th, 2010 by Rose DesRochers · 11 Comments

Last year, upside down Christmas trees were popular. This year while shopping at Zellers I saw a couple unusual Christmas Trees. One was the 5 Foot Lighted Christmas Palm Tree. I could not believe it. I’m guessing these might be popular in tropical or beach locations, but I would not want one.

The other tree was the “Charlie Brown’s Tree with Blanket.” I thought this one was actually absolutely adorable. It looks just like Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree.

Charlie Brown's Tree with Blanket

Oh how times have changed!

Every year I post a photo of my own Christmas tree on my blog. We have a Fiber Optic tree that my hubby still insists on putting lights on.

The entire purpose of a Fiber Optical Tree is to save money on your electricity bill.

Anyhow,ย  I could not let this year pass without sharing my decorated tree.

MyTree

This years tree

Notice the red Santa? I placed him almost in the same spot last year. Now that is strange. (See below)

My Tree

2009 Tree

Christmas tree

2008 Tree

Is your tree up yet? I would love to see a photo of your decorated Christmas tree. Do you put up a real tree or an artificial one?

del.icio.us:The Artificial Christmas Tree  digg:The Artificial Christmas Tree  wists:The Artificial Christmas Tree  simpy:The Artificial Christmas Tree  blinklist:The Artificial Christmas Tree  reddit:The Artificial Christmas Tree  fark:The Artificial Christmas Tree  blogmarks:The Artificial Christmas Tree  Y!:The Artificial Christmas Tree  magnolia:The Artificial Christmas Tree  stumbleupon:The Artificial Christmas Tree

It will look like this: The Artificial Christmas Tree

• Peter McCartney
    Wrote: Dec 13, 2010 at 12:05 am

Hi Rose! Got your message, thank you. Now, we used to get an old fashioned, real, Christmas tree but tired of picking up all the dead bits after its use by date was reached. Yes, with no kids at home any longer, an artifical one will do us. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year – Peter

• Steve Youngs
    Wrote: Dec 13, 2010 at 12:48 am

Hi Rose!

I’ve got 2 people in the house who suffer badly from hay-fever, so it’s artificial all the way for us. ๐Ÿ™‚

As for the palm as a xmas tree, that seems far more appropriate to me. There’s far more palm trees in JC’s neck of the woods than fir pines ๐Ÿ™‚

Kind regards,
    Steve

• Patricia@lavenderuses
    Wrote: Dec 13, 2010 at 1:14 am

Hi rose

Your tree looks lovely. I have an angel that my Mother bought me some years ago, on the top of my tree.

My tree is artificial (gift from a friend also many years ago) and I decorate it with hand-made beaded balls that I have made myself.

Next week my friend’s young daughter is coming to my home for me to teach her how to make them too.

I love how they look, but don’t have a camera or I would take a photo to show them to you. I think they are beautiful decorations and have made them for friends at their request over the years.

Have a wonderful Christmas Rose and may 2011 be all you hope for.

Patricia Perth Australia

• LisaF
    Wrote: Dec 13, 2010 at 3:16 pm

We’ve had an artificial tree since I was pregnant with the second daughter. Since I was due on Dec. 23rd, the last thing I wanted was the mess of a real tree! Twenty three years later, we still have that same tree although its “last leg” was 10 years ago! I think this IS the last year for it! Yours is lovely. I really like the Santa!

• Margaret
    Wrote: Dec 13, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Your tree is gorgeous!! I love it. Ours is kind of cheesy, but it’s the best we could do this year with everything going on. You know.

Wrote: Dec 14, 2010 at 4:44 am

1st faux tree this year. arrived two weeks ago, still in the box!

• Davina Haisell
    Wrote: Dec 14, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Rose, I love Charlie Brown’s little tree. Was just saying to someone the other day that the Charlie Brown Christmas special is a classic. I usually put up a small artificial tree, but this year I’m not even doing that.

• Jacob Varghese
    Wrote: Dec 15, 2010 at 8:59 am

Hi Rose, I was stopping by on some of the tweeps from #blogchat .
    We have been alternating between artifical and real trees for the pas decade. However, the last couple of years, we have been going with the artificial tree that we already have.
    A bit of trivia: The custom of decorating an evergreen indoors is relatively recent…15th-16th century Germany.
    And what fun, no wonder its taken off…I’ve been taking pictures of the ornaments on my tree and may just post it on my blog…as xmas draws close.

• Keith Davis
    Wrote: Dec 16, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Nice tree Rose

I’ve had the same tree for 10 maybe 12 years.
    An artificial one, which you take apart and store in the loft… until next year.

Merry Christmas
    Keith

• Paul Novak
    Wrote: Dec 20, 2010 at 2:32 am

We’ve got an artificial that is 10ft tall and usually takes about 2 days to get fully set up. When it comes to holidays, my GF is no slacker lol.

• Blommi
    Wrote: Dec 21, 2010 at 9:22 pm

I just assembled our tree this afternoon. It is white & within 5 minutes of me putting an ornament on it, my 3 year old autistic daughter shredded the decoration then looked at me puzzled when I was not happy about it…so it looks like it will be a plain white tree this year ๐Ÿ˜›